Clean Cold-Warm Rooms (FAS)
Designed for the cold and warm extremes typically found in today’s bio-pharmaceutical operations, our HEPA-filtered FAS Series can maintain temperatures from -20C to +40C.
The chambers offer close tolerance temperature and humidity uniformity, as well as an assurance of a certified cleanroom environment with minimum airborne particulates and microorganisms.
The result is consistently optimum cleamroom environments with precise control capabilities.
- Clean filling operations
- Sterility plate studies
- Cell and tissue culture
- Media preparation
- Packaging under controlled temperature, humidity and clean room conditions
- General incubation and growth
- Vaccine production
- Clean room design standards from Class 100 to 100,000 available.
- Modular metal skinned panels with urethane insulated tongue and groove construction for chamber enclosure. All interior panel surfaces are a smooth nonshedding painted aluminum, galvanized steel, or stainless steel (recommended).
- "Cam-locking" clean room panel seams sealed with FDA approved sealants for a smooth cleanable surface.
- Internal stainless ceiling plenum housing mounted above lay-in tiles.
- Totally accessible hinged drain pan for maintenance and cleaning of all interior plenum components.
- PSC fan motors for energy efficiency. All fan motors rated for operating temperatures of chamber. Motors are remoted from chamber interior where application exceeds rating.
- Automatic defrosting with refrigerant hot gas and/or electric heat for quick and efficient operation.
- Uniform horizontal and vertical air distribution through ducted terminal lay-in HEPA filters in aluminum housings or complete pressurized plenum ceiling. Support achieved with anodized aluminum T-bar drop ceiling network. All solid "filler" clean room tiles constructed of nonshedding acoustical material.
- Perforated metal diffuser grills to protect terminal filter media.
- Terminal filters provided with adjustable air flow damper and static pressure port.
- Stainless false wall air returns at floor level are provided for ceiling plenums or air handlers. Returns feature gross mesh or pleatedfilters within "ledge" free channels.
- Sealed utility and sprinkler access penetrations.
- Semi-hermetic continually operating compressors for extended equipment life and maximum chamber temperature control and uniformity.
- Fully accessible control panel to efficiently and securely house all controls, alarms, and recording devices. "Ledge" free designs available.
- Touchscreen system control of chamber parameters.
- Fluorescent clean room style lay-in troffers or tear drop fixtures for chamber illumination.
- Factory leak testing of all refrigeration assemblies prior to shipment.
- Bench testing of complete control panel and electrical devices performed prior to shipment.
- Applicable ISO listing 9001:2000 applies.
Structural / Electrical Options
- Magnehelic / photohelics provided for monitoring prefilter and HEPA pressure drop.
- Lowered classification zones within chamber for critical operations.
- Prefilter and HEPA loading alarms.
- Stainless wall, ceiling and floor finishes.
- Electrical wiring to NEC standards for Cl I Division I or II environments.
- Product security through dead bolts keyed to building. All security locking mechanisms are furnished with internal emergency relief.
- Flush thermopane view window in door or wall panels.
- Access ports and clean room pass throughs.
- Recessed duplex outlets within chamber walls.
- Seamless floor covering over complete chamber area with coving.
- Exterior/ interior door ramps.
- Pressurized anteroom or air showers for personnel entry.
- Emergency personnel lighting for chamber exit.
- Chamber airflow and pressure alarms (high and low).
- Emergency lighting systems.
- RS 232 / 485 or 4-20 mA comms available.
- Exhaust fans with stainless steel HEPA filtered air intake and housing.
- Base level dehumidification with a proportional reheat package.
- Extended range dehumidification by ES developed and field proven proportional air volume regenerative desiccant drier. This design allows close tolerance control and extended life of drier components.
- Humidification by independent passivated stainless steel steam generator designed for pure supply water.
- Air returns designed to be integrated into the insulated room wall panels.
- Copper or phenolic coated evaporator fin construction for protection in corrosive environments.
- Point of use water purification systems for steam generator supply water.
- Complete 100% redundant backup refrigeration systems with automatic switchover.
- Remote air handler can be provided to remove all mechanical components from above the suspended clean room tiles and eliminate the disturbance of the ceiling area and room.
- Available designs for temperature uniformity throughout entire chamber to ± 0.5°C.
- Available designs for humidity uniformity throughout entire chamber to ± 3 %RH.
- Conditioning packages designed to use host building chilled water systems for chamber cooling.
- Non-refrigerated cooling using building ventilation available for certain special applications.