This confidential manufacturer had received Operation Warp Speed (OWS) funding under a public-private partnership initiated by the U.S. government to facilitate and accelerate the development, manufacturing, and distribution of COVID-19 vaccines.
To equip our client to properly store a large volume of material, Bahnson Environmental Specialties, LLC provided design engineering and construction of a reliable cold storage solution, which we customized to precisely fit their plans for usage and product rotation.
Our solution provided excellent storage density, and was completed on budget and on time within a tight schedule.
This client was contracted to produce COVID-19 vaccines that required raw material storage at -70 degrees Celsius, and they needed to fast-track a storage solution.
Our comprehensive solution included:
- Design and construction of a 10-door 700-square-foot ultra-low temp storage suite with a reinforced floor, capable of holding 800 ten-liter bottles and accommodating the use of heavy carts to move product
- Fabrication and placement of fully-redundant refrigeration skids with a liquid nitrogen valve rack for third-tier backup in the case of power loss to the facility
- Assembly and installation of a programmable logic controller panel
- Start-up testing of all systems
- Complete owner training on the operation of all equipment and controls
This confidential client is a pharmaceutical manufacturer. We have completed numerous projects for them since 2009.